It was my lovely Sister In-Law’s birthday this weekend, so I put on my apron, got out my baking tins and had fun with her favourite chocolate!
I created a chocolate and hazelnut cake complete with Ferrero Rochers (of course) 😉 She has assured me that it tastes of “pure indulgence” – so it was a success. Here’s the recipe for those that want to sample the same indulgence. This cake also fits in nicely with the blog’s new and improved name…“Say It With Cakes”!
Ferrero Rocher Cake Recipe
- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 75g crushed hazelnuts (plus more to decorate)
- chocolate frosting
- 1 box of 16 x ferrero rochers
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Grease a 6″ cake tin
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and vanilla extract to the butter mixture.
- Add the flour, cocoa and baking powder .
- Fold in the crushed hazelnuts.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool before icing and decorating with ferrero rochers and hazelnuts. Enjoy!