Easter feels like weeks ago…
As we were invited to a friend’s for dinner over the Easter period, I debated on whether we should take the usual bottle or some flowers etc. Then I thought why not bake a cake (in keeping with my home-baking theme!) And since it’s Easter – let the mini eggs roll!! I decided to make a golden syrup sponge with vanilla frosting. It turned out to be a favourite with the kiddies and was lovely with a cuppa! 🙂
Easter Mini Egg Recipe
- 150g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 150g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200g golden syrup
- vanilla frosting
- 3 bags of mini eggs
- 1 malteaser bunny
- Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas 3. Grease a 6″ cake tin
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the butter mixture.
- Add the flour and baking powder and fold together gently.
- Add 150g of the golden syrup.
- Pour into the prepared cake tin and swirl in the remaining syrup.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool before icing and decorating with mini eggs etc.
It was a lovely Easter and this cake was a winner!!